Urban Challenge is a limited eight week class of fitness challenges and tough, creative workouts with a little outdoor adventure. This class builds strength and cardio endurance while using body resistance exercises and functional training, along with some running. We will use stairs, hills, strength drills, body weight exercises, and circuits – all at various locations around town….keeping it fun, fresh and “never the same”!
The weekly meeting points will vary and may be the gym, floods hill, or the reservation, etc. to add more variety weekly.
- May 1st – June 21st 2017 (eight week session)
- Pick the day and time that works best for you: Mondays 8:30 – 10:00 am or Wednesdays 5:30 am – 7:00 am
- Cost: Members – Included if you have a monthly unlimited or use your regular class pass; Non-members – $240
- Sign up in advance required (no drop in’s for this class because location changes weekly)
As always, we keep our class sizes small so you get the maximum benefits and best training possible….which means space is limited to the first 16 people so let us know if you are interested!
Urban Challenge Registration
|D&I Non-Member Registration|
- April 9: Rutgers UNITE 8k
- April 29: Woods & Lakes Run 10k
- May 13: Lake Mohawk 8 Mile Challenge
- May 21: Super Hero 1/2 Marathon in Morristown (Sole Runners will get a 15% discount to register)
Start Date: March 4th, 2017 (12 week program)
- Class Pass & Gym Only Members: $90 (includes t-shirt); race fees not included
- Non-Members: $120 (includes t-shirt); race fees not included
- Monthly Unlimited Members: The cost of the program is included in your membership but t-shirt and race fees are not included.
Registration is open! Select from options below or contact our front desk and we’ll take care of it for you.
What You Get:
- Coordinated Weekly Group Runs, 2x a week
- Run Plan for the race you are training for.
- Three, 30 minute functional training clinics during the 12 week program.
- Running Tips and Focus on Form
- Weekly Email Communication
- A great way to connect to the D&I Community
- Learn to love running and have fun doing it!
Pick your time!
- Tuesdays 5:45 AM & Saturdays 7:30 AM
- Tuesdays 8:30 AM & Saturdays 7:30 AM
Why is running good for you?:
- Confidence increases as you push your own limits, meeting goals and often surprising yourself by exceeding your own expectations.
- Running is among the best aerobic exercises for physical conditioning of your heart and lungs.
- Just as important, running–like many forms of exercise — is a great cure for stress, emotional strain, even mild depression.
- You’ll likely find yourself with fewer headaches and more energy, patience, humor and creativity.
- Just one running session can increase energy and chip away at fatigue
Sole Runners Registration
|D&I Member Registration|
|Monthly Unlimited (T-Shirt only)|
About D&I Nutritionist Tara:
As a former attorney and legal recruiter, my health and nutrition were an embarrassment. I was wracked by stress, fueled by caffeine and my bad habits were taking a toll on me physically and emotionally. I was depressed and irritable, and my relationships and health suffered.
Then, a blessing in disguise led to a new lease on life. In April 2009, while on maternity leave with my son, my position as a legal recruiting and marketing director was eliminated and I was out of a job.
When my son was five months old, I became a certified Pilates instructor and began teaching Pilates in Maplewood, New Jersey where I trained a diverse clientele ranging from competitive athletes to pre and post natal women and individuals with injuries. Despite their different needs, these clients appreciated the importance of self-care and overall wellness. I have been fortunate to see positive transformations in many clients whose stress at home or work had manifested itself in physical pain or weight issues that caused them to withdraw from relationships and life as a whole. I have observed busy moms and professionals with frenetic schedules thrive simply by making time for themselves a few hours a week.
I then realized that wellness is not about nutrition or fitness alone, but also about career satisfaction, spirituality and fulfilling relationships.
With this new realization, I enrolled in the holistic health coaching program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition®, the only nutritional program that looks beyond what you eat and considers how nourishing the heart and soul can speed recovery from illness, slow aging and prolong life. The program teaches more than one hundred dietary theories and a host of practical lifestyle coaching methods. Drawing on this knowledge and my training as a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach, my goal is to create a completely personalized “Highway 2 Well” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences and goals.
Meals to Glo:
Enjoy a 5-day meal program designed to help you lose weight and let you glow from the inside out. You will receive a total of 15 meals and 10 snacks delivered to your doorstep (3 meals PLUS 2 snacks per day) during the course of your 5-day program. All of the food is organic, plant-based, gluten-free and dairy-free and is freshly prepared the morning it is delivered. Nuts are used in the preparation of certain meals, however we will accommodate special dietary requests, within reason.
$385 D&I Pick-up
Health Coaching Program:
3 one on one 60 min sessions
- Set and accomplish goals in a way that is empowering and exciting
- Work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- Understand and reduce your cravings
- Increase your energy levels
- Feel great in your body
- Learn about new foods and how you can easily incorporate them
- Learn to plan and prepare nutritious meals for your fast lifestyle
- Improve your personal relationships
- Discover the confidence to create the life you want